For Release:The Ad Club Announces Winners of the 2010 Rosoff Awards Honoring Workplace Diversity, as well as expanded Rosoff Scholarship Program
Recipients will be honored at 2010 Rosoff Awards on May 18
BOSTON, Mass. – The Ad Club, New England’s trade organization for communications professionals, is pleased to announce this year’s recipients of the 14th annual Rosoff Awards celebrating diversity in the workplace. This year, Deloitte teamed with The Ad Club to strengthen the Rosoff brand with connections to the broader business community. The 2010 winners are:Champion of Change:
Dan Rivers, Founder and President, Nexus Alliance
• Rivers and Nexus Alliance’s mission is to have a positive impact on children in need and persons of color, regardless of age, residing in underserved neighborhoods through community events and related initiatives.Diversity Initiative, Internal:
State Street Corporation
• State Street’s ‘Global Inclusion’ is an initiative focused on employee engagement, diversity and inclusion. With the tagline “Finding ways for all employees to feel valued, respected and engaged,” the program provides unique opportunities for all employees to participate. Diversity Initiative, External:
Stop & Shop Corporation
• The “Supplier Diversity Initiative” aims to enhance the procurement process by developing strong business relationships with a talented group of minority and women-owned business enterprises that offer quality products, excellent customer service and competitive costs.Marketing to a Diverse Audience:
Progressive Auto Insurance/Arnold Worldwide
• The 2009 GLBT Vintage Photo campaign highlighted Progressive as an insurance company that understood the GLBT community’s struggle and pioneering spirit. Mentor Award:
Nachelle Gordon, Founder & Executive Director of FLD (The Young Black Women’s Society, Inc.) and Boston Public School Educator
• Future Leaders by Design (FLD), facilitated by The Young Black Women's Society, is a free series of empowering workshops for young girls between the ages of 14-18, focusing on improving self-confidence, promoting academic achievement and encouraging community activism. Rosoff Diversity Scholarship Program Expands
The Ad Club is launching an expanded “Rosoff Scholar” program in 2010. In partnership with Babson College, Bentley College, Boston Architectural College, Boston College, Emerson College, Harvard University, Massachusetts College of Art & Design, Northeastern University, School of the Museum of Fine Arts, Suffolk University, and UMass Boston, more than $100,000 in scholarships will be awarded to gifted and diverse Boston public high school seniors.
This need-based scholarship program, designed to foster and retain talent within the Boston community, will have a number of other components designed to assist and guide these students through their four years of college.
• Each student will receive a $10,000 scholarship – $5,000 funded by the school, and $5,000 funded by The Ad Club Foundation.
• Each student will be paired with a mentor from a Rosoff sponsor company. The mentor will act as a resource guide to the student throughout college.
• The student will receive a paid internship at an Ad Club member company the summer before their senior year of college.
• The Ad Club will assist each student with his or her job search upon graduating.
The 2010 Rosoff Awards winners and scholarship recipients will be recognized during the Rosoff Awards ceremony on May 18.About the Rosoff Awards
Now in its 14th year, The Rosoff Awards are New England’s premier diversity awards, created to recognize companies that have meaningful diversity, mentoring, and inclusion programs. The ceremony was named after Arnold Z. Rosoff, the founder of Arnold Worldwide, and a champion of workplace diversity.
This year’s Rosoff Awards ceremony will take place on May 18 at the John F. Kennedy Presidential Library & Museum, from 5:30-7:30 p.m. The event will serve as a tribute to the legendary Rosoff, who passed away in late 2009 at the age of 93.
David Thomas, Ph.D., a H. Naylor Fitzhugh Professor of Business Administration and a unit head of Organizational Behavior at Harvard Graduate School of Business Administration, will deliver the keynote address. WBZ-TV’s Paula Ebben will emcee the program.
Sponsors of the event include Staples, Universal/Acme, Boston Business Journal, Allen & Gerritsen, Arnold, Citizens Bank, McCarter & English, MFS Investment Management, Monster.com, Liberty Mutual, Putnam Investments, Ocean Spray, and State Street. Friends of Rosoff include Bank of America, Bay Windows, Commonwealth Compact, Comcast, Cooley Manion Jones LLP, Digitas, Gilbane, EMC, Mullen, Neighborhood Health Plan, PSG, Seyfarth Shaw LLP and Stop and Shop.About The Ad Club
Founded in 1904, The Ad Club is the trade group for the New England communications industry. Focused on networking, professional development, advocacy, and diversity, The Ad Club organizes more than 30 events and programs every year. Legacy events such as the Hatch Awards, Media Auction, and Rosoff Awards highlight and celebrate the latest in new media and the digital landscape. The Ad Club's membership represents the best in class advertising agencies, media companies, and brands in the New England region.
For more information on The Ad Club, visit http://www.adclub.org
and follow The Ad Club on Twitter and Facebook. About Deloitte
As used in this document, “Deloitte” means Deloitte LLP and Deloitte Services LP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about
for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries.
Contact: Marsha MacEachern